Sunday, February 9, 2014

Retreat of a Broken Heart



I thought I saw your heart, but now it's gone
I believed I felt your soul but it's withdrawn
I very nearly loved you, for all you almost shared
but that was yesterday when I imagined that you cared

You have wandered for your love of the chase
I won't be less than me, I will not join the race
Your heart is nothing but ego, that I will not feed
Your soul did not trust mine, my love you did not need

Now I must return to the place where love abounds
The ravens have my heart, in the hills their songs resounds
I will walk into the shadows of the soul of this place
Follow if you will and fall into my embrace

Should you walk away, you can not turn around
For once I am lost I can't ever be found
I am a fool no longer for limericks and gentle words
I will disappear and gather with the birds


No comments:

Post a Comment