Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve Dreams or Nightmares?

    New Years Eve the night where the whole world breaks out in celebration, and those that are alone feel it most. Much like being the few that have no dates for prom or homecoming, there is a sigma that if you are alone you are an outsider, and those that are not alone feel they have to do something, even if they don't want to.
     I am one of the lucky ones that have many invitations, and either has to choose one, or go to all not to hurt any one's feelings. Yes it's a time when friends get together and ring in the New Year. It's also a time for people to act a fool and partake in too much of the holidays spirits. By the end of the night rarely is it an epic evening.
   I have seen everything go wonderfully until after the clock strikes midnight. That is when the asshole comes out in at least a few. For me it's a crap shoot on the road to either be pulled over, or get hit by one of those assholes. So as the clock strikes the big twelve I say my good-byes, give out my yearly hugs and kisses and run for the door.
    The only wonderful New Years I remember was in the days of new love. When the New Year is rung in you get your first meaningful kiss. I remember those days fondly, and the many loves when you are young and every year is a new possibility, and understand those alone on this night. My heart goes out to them, but for me waking up the next day alive and not licking my wounds from a hang over is a successful night.
     Just remember every day is a new day full of possibilities, and true love can be around any corner.  Use this night to dream of the perfect relationship, and strive to have that, and not a fly by night evening that usually ends up in a nightmare. Somewhere out there someone else is alone dreaming of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment